Employment Details: Part-time, mostly evening and weekend shifts. Will vary based on event activity.
Rate of Pay: $12.65/hr
Requirements: Cover Letter and Resume, minimum of three references, RNC Certificate of Conduct/Vulnerable Sector Check (required for employment)
Who can apply: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with provincial legislation and regulations. Applicants must be aged 19 or over.
Summary of Position:
Reporting to the Events Manager, the Events Staff are responsible for the efficient operation of the Manuels River Hibernia Interpretation Centre during rental events. They will ensure that client needs are met during the course of the event, and that rental functions run smoothly from start to finish by providing the highest quality service and respect. Candidates should have experience in the hospitality sector, with excellent customer service, bartending and food service skills. Three references are required and an RNC certificate of conduct must be obtained before employment commences.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide excellent service to all visitors during rental functions.
- Operate the bar service during events, mixing and serving drinks, maintaining a clean, neat bar space
- Cash and inventory balancing at the beginning and end of each shift
- Work with Manuels River caterers to ensure event requirements are met.
- Work as a member of a team to ensure the proper set up and take down of event infrastructure (ability to move and lift tables and chairs).
- Address client comments and concerns in a prompt and friendly manner.
- Ensure a safe environment for all guests, staff and performers.
- Provide basic security and monitoring of the facility during evening events.
- Waiting tables and catering services
- Other duties as required and assigned.
- Qualified candidates should be dynamic, pleasant individuals with experience in the hospitality and customer service sector.
- A strong reputation for attention to detail and a commitment to first-class service and quality are essential.
- Strong communication and organizational capabilities are important.
- Experience with POS systems is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Outgoing, polite, friendly and patient.
- Able to multi-task and work efficiently in a high energy environment.
- Must be available for evenings and weekends
To Apply: Email your resume with cover letter, three references and availability to: email@example.com
Jillian Whittle, Executive Assistant