Employment Details: Full-time, permanent
Rate of Pay: $15-17/hr
Requirements: Cover Letter and Resume, minimum of three references, RNC Certificate of Conduct/Vulnerable Sector Check (required for employment)
Who can apply: Applicants must be a legally entitled to work in Canada.
Summary of Position:
Heritage Interpreters interact with visitors of all ages, leading school programs, public tours and interpretive programs within the Manuels River Hibernia Interpretation Centre and along the Manuels River Trails. Heritage Interpreters strive to make each visit a memorable one for our patrons, by providing excellent visitor services, knowledge and learning opportunities in a fun, hands-on manner. Heritage Interpreters help bring the history of Conception Bay South to life for visitors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide excellent visitor services and interpretation;
- Work as a member of a team to deliver curriculum-based school programs for K-12;
- Work as a member of a team to deliver science day camps and leadership camps;
- Prepare and deliver educational programs for youth, adults and families;
- Prepare and present interpretative programs and tours;
- Promote Manuels River at off-site locations;
- Provide heritage interpretation in-person, and virtually, as necessary
- Other duties as required and assigned
This position is part of the Manuels River Education Department and is overseen by the Education Manager. The Heritage Interpreter works directly with our Lead Interpreter, who is responsible for the training and day-to-day direction of the interpretation staff.
- Undergraduate degree or college diploma in a field related to History or Geography and/or children & youth (e.g. Education, Recreation, Physical Education) and/or interpretation (e.g. Museum Studies);
- Experience in developing, planning and delivering public programs;
- Experience working with children, youth and families;
- Strong leadership, communication and organizational skills;
- A love of learning about the natural world and an enthusiasm for sharing knowledge;
- An equivalent combination of education and experience deemed acceptable by Manuels River;
- Knowledge of child development and behaviour management techniques an asset;
- Knowledge of local history and geography, including Indigenous traditional knowledge, considered an asset;
- French language proficiency a strong asset;
Hours of Work: Tues to Sat, 9 am to 5 pm OR Sun to Thurs, 9 am to 5 pm, with some evening work.
Applications accepted by mail, email or delivery in-person.
Attn: Madison Acker, Education Manager
Manuels River Hibernia Interpretation Centre
7 Conception Bay Highway Conception Bay South, NL A1W 3A2
madison.acker at manuelsriver.ca
Please forward a resume and cover letter detailing experience and eligibility along with three references.
Applications must be received by August 10, 2021 at 4pm.