Heritage Research Associate
Hours of Work: Full-time, temporary
Who can apply: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with provincial legislation and regulations.
Summary of Position:
The Heritage Research Associate will be responsible for cataloguing the Manuels River Natural Heritage Society collection and assisting with the digitization of the collection and the exhibits. In collaboration with the Education team, the Heritage Research Associate will be responsible for researching and designing a new exhibit within the Manuels River Hibernia Interpretation Centre. The Heritage Research Associate will also interact with visitors of all ages and help facilitate educational and public programs within the Manuels River Hibernia Interpretation Centre and along the Manuels River Trails. This is an 8-month contract.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and catalogue a heritage collection;
- Work as a member of a team to develop a new exhibit for the Manuels River Hibernia Interpretation Centre;
- Work as a member of a team to deliver educational and public programs to children and families;
- Work as a member of a team to digitize the existing collections and exhibits;
- Present interpretative programs and tours.
- Bachelor’s degree in History, Anthropology, Canadian Studies, Folklore or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Research and/or archival experience (minimum 2 years)
- Ability to produce digital media
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working with children and families
- French language skills considered an asset
Application deadline: 2020-10-16
Expected start date: 2020-11-02
Interested applicants should send a resume, cover letter and three references to Madison Acker, Education Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.